February 2019 | Paradise Valley, AZ
Painted Desert Fur Con

Our Community, Our Convention

Different Venue?

More
2 weeks 4 days ago #10 by subbycoon
Different Venue? was created by subbycoon
Hey guys, the con was actually pretty great. I will be the first to admit, after watching my old loca con fall apart I didn’t have high expectations for a first year con. But wow it was pretty good! Had loads of fun but there were a few issues I’d like to address and they all spawn with the venue.

It’s hard to beat how nice that place was, that’s for sure. However, and I realize that weather “normally” isn’t an issue, it’s still something that has to be addressed. While suiting I could not get in/out of my room because of the pouring rain. My feet paws were completely soaked through which then turned me off from suiting anymore. We need an indoor venue. Even if not for that, the room they assigned me was so far away from the lobby it took 10 minutes almost in fursuit to walk there.

The dealers den was perfect size for what it had to offer, however I feel that the “adult section” needs to be reworked. It was too small, could barely turn around when people were inside it, and it definitely needed its own space.

The first night’s dance the house turned on all the lights after Dune’s set and so everyone left thinking the dance was over. However there was another DJ from 1-2am who now he the pleasure of djing for a literal empty room. I know because I stayed in the lobby long enough to see everyone leave and then the music started again but everyone had already left.

All in all, it was a very successful convention! And look forward to seeing it again next year!
Time to create page: 0.342 seconds

Our Community, Our Convention

About PDFC

Painted Desert Fur Con is a new convention in Arizona for the furry enthusiast. PDFC for short, starts February 2019, located in Paradise Valley at the Scottsdale Plaza Resort. We are all about community, make an account and join us in helping this convention grow.
  • Corgi Events LLC

Corgi Events LLC hosts a wide variety of events throughout the year from anime to MLP to furry conventions, including Denfur & Aquatifur. Corgi Events LLC has donated over $25,000 to various charities throughout the four years of its operation.
  • Scottsdale Plaza Resort

7200 N Scottsdale Rd, Paradise Valley, AZ 85253
    2 restaurants, a lounge and a poolside cafe, along with 5 outdoor pools, a fitness center, lighted tennis courts and a spa.
  • You can register now!

Registration is open for all levels, and discounted hotel rates are right around the corner. Stay tinned for more announcements on the way!